A quick trip to Banjara Market, Gurgaon

I painted my wall and furniture a gorgeous Prussian Blue.. And couldn't wait to start bringing it all together, but within quite a tight budget.



My Prussian Blue Wall, DIY


I happened to come across the Banjara markets in Gurgaon... I usually am the kind to do a lot of research - it's an obsessive level of Youtube-ing and checking Instagram - so I was fully ready for the kind of stuff that I was going to find there and the amount one needs to bargain.

My budget was tight, and this was more like a recce trip for me - so while I didn't shop a lot - I really had my eyes open - eyeing whatever could go where ever in my home in the future.





While there are Banjara markets spread across Gurgaon, from what I have heard - I went to the one in Sector 56, Gurgaon - near IILM Gurgaon. It was a long trail of different dukaans, though with mostly the same items.

You will find a massive variety of carved wooden frames, in all sizes & rustic, antique lanterns and hanging / floor lamps - the best part being - that they paint it to your liking right then and there. I wanted a white big dome lamp for my living room - and got that for just Rs.600/- , while she quoted Rs.2000/- , so do bargain, and do it well!! Maybe also go through a few videos of the same on Youtube.






Ok, I do not know how to emphasize more on how I just love love loveeee ceramics! Bowls, plates, huge coffee mugs, planters, anything and everything! I love the patterns, the textures and the colors - and how there is just so much scope for mixing and matching - there is something or the other for everyone! You are going to find a ceramic heaven here - again, very reasonable (I got plant pots for Rs.50-70/- each, plates for Rs.50-90/- each - and that's when I am quite terrible at bargaining) - just make sure you check each piece thoroughly - since some are chipped off from the corners or back. You may not find a set of 6 plates - all in absolutely the same shade, so what I would suggest is, don't be rigid and play around a little - mix and match colors and sizes to make a funky set of your own!






On our way back, we also stopped by at the Ghitorni furniture market - this place has everything you need for your home - dining tables, beds, side tables, crockery tables, balcony/garden furniture, wrought iron furniture and swings, frames etc.



Ghitorni Furniture Market






If you love doing up your home in a creative way and cannot stop obsessing over decorating your nooks - both these places are a must visit! 

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing this lovely post. The information you have mentioned here will be useful. I would like to share with you all one useful source of Travel place- Banjara Market is one of the most popular furniture & decor markets in Gurugram Town, which was the name Gurgaon, India. In Banjara Market Gurgaon offers buyers a wide range of furniture and the option to choose between different decor items. And If you know how to bargain, then this place is good for your shopping. In this unique market Which may be interesting for you as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment