Frozen Dark Chocolate, Oats and Peanut Butter - Energy Bombs! (with recipe)

One of my first few blogs, it had to be chocolatey and tempting!

#MyLoveForChocolate




I posted this one 2 days back - and was overwhelmed with how many requests I got for the recipe on my Instagram. Working from home (it's hectic at times), having a rather fluid routine, being somewhat in-disciplined, for the lack of a better word - (which is something I like about my life - I like to call it ; 'being in flow').. and going through the very common struggle of 'adulting' - I am mostly multi tasking between work, my hobbies and the usual home jobs.

Every evening I find myself ravenous, right before my workout. My energy levels dip, and when my tummy is empty - I am a moody meeow :\

With the basic ingredients I have at home and 15 minutes on hand- I decided to give this recipe a shot and improvise it a little according to my liking and needs.

I will try my best to give the quantities - but I always function by 'andaaza' ... So nothing for me happens to be measured in teaspoons or cups  ... :D , So, you can also refer to the actual recipe by Fit Foodie Finds or cheat like me, and keep tasting the batter or mixture, until it tastes good to your palate.


So here goes... 

Ingredients - whatever I already had lying at home:

Basic and quick ... 



  • Oats - 1 cup
  • Unsweetened Cocoa ( I always use unsweetened Cadbury - but had the Weikfeild one for now..) - 2 heaped tablespoons
  • Peanut Butter (I love the crunchy one) - 2 heaped tablespoons
  • Honey - Approx 4 teaspoons
  • Flax Seeds - half a handful
  • Milk - You'll figure once you start mixing!
  • Pinch of Salt

Do the job!

Most fun part - it was therapeutic, I swear!


I pretty much did nothing fancy at all. Dumped in all these ingredients into a large bowl..



Looked like a mountain of an intimidating mess, frankly...


So I skipped using a blender / wooden ladle - and went all out - kneading the mixture with my hands.




I felt the need to add milk in between - and I went about doing that - until the consistency was nice and thick - but not so thick that it would crumble apart. At the end, I tasted the mixture and felt like I needed some more honey.

.... So this went on for about 5 minutes - and I didn't have hands to click images any further :P


Once it all seemed nicely blended, I started making small laddoo-like balls. Like this..



... and put them into the freezer, since I am a hungry piggy and couldn't wait long to try them.

Frozen and ready!


That's them, straight out of the freezer after about 40minutes.

Damn! They tasted better than I imagined.... I like them quite frozen. And will have these stocked up in my fridge from now on for my pre workout / post workout snacking!



Do comment below if you try this recipe and have any suggestions on the same!




Recipe source : https://fitfoodiefinds.com/cocoa-and-peanut-butter-oat-balls/
Images are my property @ Caffeinated Aztec Lover

Comments