My Story

We Can Do Anything You Do


Picture Credits : Yeashu Yuvraj 


School life was a nightmare for me. I was an introvert, passively bullied & ostracised by the rest. I would often eat my tiffin in the washroom & often find myself hiding in corners. There are still nights I wake up dreaming of being trapped there. Being slut shamed & body shamed from the age of 11 or 12, which sadly a lot of young girls go through. This was the on-set of my anxiety, I feel. Never being good enough, not fitting-in, being too shy, being too vocal, too emotive, too loud, too big, too moody and too much of everything. 


Picture Credits : Yeashu Yuvraj 


At 21, being one of the top students in my batch, got a job at a renowned Advertising Agency. The excitement soon turned into fighting inner battles, my complexes & insecurities heightened, I began caving in at a tremendous pace. I was dealing with severe anxiety & depression. I couldn’t sustain the job & quit within a few weeks. Soon had no money & bills were piling up, food became an issue & I went into complete isolation - on days when there’d be no food, especially through the brutal Delhi Summer, I would chug up to 10 litres of water & munch of ParleG biscuits. To get myself out of the financial mess & to over compensate for the reclusive person I had become, I worked 18hrs a day, only to end up needing surgery of my right wrist. My bone had crushed & turned into powder due to overwork & repeated injury, my right hand wasn’t to regain range of motion for the rest of my life. Not having a table & chair I would sit on the floor to work, I was soon told by the doctor to restrict knee movement. Mental illness plus a financial crisis are a terrible spot to be in. I sunk in further.


Picture Credits : Yeashu Yuvraj 


2018 - The silver lining to this dark phase & ergophobia - I currently run two successful ventures. I began long distance running, got back to painting with a hand that has 30% range of motion, most importantly, I befriended myself, have conversations with myself, a better understanding of what’s going on within me internally. I am unapologetic when it comes to loving and taking care of me. I quite like this version of me. 


#WeCanDoAnythingYouDo  Thank you for covering my story, and making me feel comfortable enough to finally let go off something I have held so tightly onto all these years.


www.instagram.com/wecandoanythingyoudo/

Picture Credits : Yeashu Yuvraj  |  WeCanDoAnythingYouDo




Comments